So this upcoming week starts off with a brand new routine that I'm going to follow for the next three weeks: Intensive Counseling (Well, my therapist called it "Intensive Therapy"; don't know if there's a difference or not.) The group I'm attending is an "All Latino Group" for primary Spanish speakers, which I don't know why I'm there because even though I speak Spanish it doesn't necessarily mean that Spanish is my first language. I don't know, I guess my psychiatrist got me all wrong on that one. The group is an "All Women Group", So I'm dealing with "All women, All Latina" just like me, so I guess I won't feel too weird if there's people like me in the group. I just hope that it's not too boring, since I'll be there from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Since I don't know exactly what goes on in intensive counseling, I'm imagining just sitting there talking about my feelings for three hours and that's boring :P. I just hope it's like the gear up program that I went to 4 years ago, now that was fun and therapeutic. We talked about our feelings for a bit, and we expressed out feelings as well with an art therapy session that lasted an hour (mind you the gear up sessions lasted 3 hours as well). There was always nourishment available, and we always engaged in different group activities. It was awesome.
But anyway, this whole group thing that my psychiatrist got me into is something that I hope is going to help me in the long run.
(BTW in case anyone is wondering why I go to therapy in the first place, it's because I suffer from severe depression.)

No comments:
Post a Comment