Sunday, March 23, 2008

Feel Good Pill


So this past week I had an amazing experience in therapy and the people are awesome. I feel that I can open up to these people honestly and share my feelings without worrying about anyone judging me. We meet for three hours, and every hour is separated into different sessions with different therapists. One sessions that I especially took a liking to was the Mind, Body and Spirit. It's an art therapy session in which I along with the other women in my group express ourselves and let out our "inner demons" through creativity. Although this week we expressed ourselves with speech rather than art, It was promised that next week we'll get started on our arts and crafts rendevous. So anyway, I was prescribed a medication called Lamictal; and I have to admit, I'm starting to feel the effects of the medicine already. My attitude towards everything is changing little by little, I feel a bit more social, and things are just basically looking good to me. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I nicknamed my medicine the "Feel Good Pill", because that's exactly what it does lol. I feel good, and I'm sure now that I'm on the road to recovery.

No comments: